Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hunger for Test Match Drives Suresh Raina

Close to Eight years at the international level and yet, Suresh Raina the cricketer is not content.

Having earned flak for not performing up to potential in the Twenty 20 and ODI series against Pakistan and England, Raina worked overtime on his batting and the result is there for all to see a Man of the Series award against England and he has added first time place in the top 10 of the ICC player rankings for ODI batsmen.

But it is not just about the shorter formats for one of India vital cogs. Raina mission is to get back into the Test side and cement his place, after having been part of just 17test matches compared to 159 ODIs and 36 T20Is.Raina said his personal winner had stemmed from the burning desire to score runs consistently.

I think the desire within to make it as a permanent player of the Test team and the intent to play as many 1st- class matches as possible has really helped me a lot. And that is the reason for the success that I achieve in this series.

This was my 1st Man of the Series award and I think the hard work that I put at the nets with Indian team coach Duncan Fletcher, bowling Coach Joe Dawes and fielding Coach Trevor Penney has really helped me. Raina said today.

No comments:

Post a Comment