Bridgetown- The way has been paved for starter Chris Gayle's selection to the West Indies team but uncertainty over his real return and grave concerns concerning his role in a multi-million dollar complaint against the West Indies Cricket Board, continue to hover worryingly over the deal reach.
Chairman of CARICOM's prime ministerial sub-committee on cricket, Antigua and Barbuda's Prime Minister Baldwin Spencer announce on Wednesday evening the year-long impasse flanked by the embattled Jamaican and West Indies Cricket Board had been resolved.
His announcement follow weeks of talks which started in St. Vincent last month between the worried parties and which were facilitate by St. Vincent Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves.
Chris Gayle however, in a announcement dated March 23, said while he had signed the agreement, he remain ineligible for West Indies job for the duration of the Indian Premier League which winds up May 27.
The former Windies captain now has a legal case against the West Indies Cricket Board which the Board said it wanted discontinued.