Monday, July 9, 2012

Tatenda Taibu announced the retirement

Zimbabwe wicketkeeper-batsman Tatenda Taibu (29) has announced his retirement from cricket, citing a desire to work for the church instead.

Tatenda Taibu, who has been playing for over 11 years, became the first youngest captain in Test history at 21 when he led Zimbabwe against Sri Lanka at Harare in 2004.

I just feel that my true calling now lies in doing the Lords work, he said, and although I am lucky and proud to have played for my nation, the time has come for me to put my entire focus on that part of my life.

Taibu played in 28 Tests matched and 150 One day International matches for Zimbabwe. He was also named in Zimbabwe's temporary squad for the World Twenty20, which will be held in Sri Lanka in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment